Formal Telephone Communication

Formal Telephone Communication


BEGINNING A CALL - कॉल शुरू करना

1. “Thank you for calling Smith Publishing. How may I direct your call?”

To introduce - अपना परिचय देना

2. “Hello, this is Jack Smith”

Ask to speak to somebody - किसी से बात करने के लिए पूछना

3. “May I speak with…?”

Give a reason - बात करने का कारण देना 

4. “I’m calling about the job opening I saw in the newspaper.”

Asking who is calling - पूछना कि - "कौन बोल रहा है"

5. May I ask who's calling?

When the call is being transferred - जब कॉल ट्रांसफर हो रही हो

6. “One moment please – I’ll put you through.”

HOLDING THE LINE - इंतज़ार करना

7. Please hold on.
One moment please.

TAKING / LEAVING MESSAGES - मैसेज लेना/देना

8. If the person is unavailable - “I’m sorry, she’s out of town at the moment.”
9. Offering to take a message - “Would you like to leave a message?”
10. Replying to the offer - “Could you ask her to call me back?”
11. If you don't want to leave a message - “No thanks, I’ll call back later.”

CLARIFYING/CONFIRMING INFORMATION - जानकारी की पुष्टि करना

12. “Could you spell your last name for me?”

FINISHING A CALL - कॉल पूरा करना
13. “Well, it was nice talking with you."
Have a nice day!

Informal Telephone Communication
Introduction - अपना परिचय देना

14. Hey, it's Jack!

Ask to speak to somebody - किसी से बात करने के लिए पूछना

15. “Can I speak to Peter?”

Asking someone to wait - किसी को इंतज़ार करने के लिए बोलना

16. Hang on a sec.

If you’re having difficulty hearing the other person on the phone. - जब आप किसी को फ़ोन में ठीक से सुन नहीं पा रहे हों

17. “There’s a lot of background noise – I can barely hear you.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History of 21 April

History of 20 April